HashFlare

Thursday, August 15, 2013

The mighty quest for epic loot Closed Beta - I’m in

The mighty quest for epic loot.

So, yes, I finally got into the Closed Beta of The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, which is one of the games I was more anxious to try out… but I was a little disappointed at the beginning. First of all, it crashed every time I switched tabs. Then, every time it rendered anything, a white screen will appear before rendering. I was unable to get into the settings.

The mighty quest for epic loot.

Of course, the game consumes almost 1Gb of RAM, and I was kind of doing a lot of things at the same time, so I shut down Chrome, and that fixed the rendering problem… the game looks, feels, and it’s awesome… BUT, switching tabs crashes the game EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The mighty quest for epic loot.

Another bad thing, I consider bad, is dying; when you die, if you have money, you can be revived instantly… making dying boring and useless.

The mighty quest for epic loot.

And of course, is online. Meaning that my connection died when I completed a castle/quest and the whole thing was reset… fuck. THERE IS NO SCREENSHOTS ALBUM (as far as I know) so I recommend using FRAPS, and I can’t seem to play it with Chrome open; every time I do it, the game hangs or something else happens (I don’t thing this is the game’s fault, but mine.)

On the good side, the game has a pretty awesome soundtrack, the graphics and gameplay are great. Castles can be amazingly big, with many rooms and many paths to the main chamber. Bosses are pretty nice and the CDs of your attacks are in a good time range, not to soon, not to late. Upgrades are easy to get and the tutorials are easy to follow.

The mighty quest for epic loot.

All castles have a time limit, if you don’t make it, the final loot will be locked and you won’t be able to loot it, so it sucks to be you if that happens. In general, until the beta is over, the game has much to improve. I’ll keep updating as I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment