HashFlare

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Disable the Software Updater on Orbit Downloader

ads1

Just like I use uTorrent, I also use Orbit downloader. And just like I show just you how to remove ads from uTorrent, here’s how to remove the Software Updater from Orbit.

Head to:

64bits Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Orbitdownloader

32 bits Windows: C:\Program File\Orbitdownloader

In there you’ll find a file called SoftUpdater.dll, change the name or delete it, one way or another, you won’t use it ever.

softupdater

And that’s it, pretty simple right? Of course, there is something else about Orbit Download, it has ads. Actual annoying big ads that will never disappear nor change. The question would be “Can you remove the ads from Orbit Downloader?”, and the answer, sadly, would be “Not yet”.

Apparently the ads are coded into the program and it’s impossible to remove them manually or at least in a way that’s quick and easy. But trust me, if I found any, I’ll be the first to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment