HashFlare

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader

reader

Today is the last day for Google Reader, tomorrow it will be no longer available. It was launched on October 7, 2005, almost eight years ago, and I’ve been using it since 2007, around 6 years give or take, and it was one of the most amazing tools to be updated, share topics with friends, comment these topics, save for read later, check trends, browse for stuff, manage the blog you followed… it was amazing.

Sadly, all of this comes to an end today, tomorrow we will only find a 404. In fact, in my case, when I type the letter “r” on Chrome, it takes me immediately to Google Reader (reader.google.com), and it became the most browsed site in my history ever.

There is a lot to say about it, but I like to keep things short. Farewell, Google Reader, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment